Saturday, March 31, 2012

Check Out Our Ad to Check Out Our Ad!

Did you know we have a Facebook page? Please look at our other ad in another magazine? Have you seen our new TV spot? I'll summarize - we have a Facebook page! And guess what else.....TWITTER!!!!!!! THIS IS HAPPENING.

This is the typical ad campaign for way too many big companies. I heard a Radio ad for a Hyundai dealership that was 30 seconds of them telling me to go to their website. Hang on, let me get out my pen and a scrap of paper so I can write this down while driving - how many w's was that? Dot org? What cause does Hyundai support? Tell you what, if anyone wants a Hyundai they will just Google it (unless you work for Microsoft, then maybe you use Bing to go to Google to Google Hyundai).

Really Toyota, you have a Facebook page!?!?! Only a handful of companies have this groundbreaking technology. And Twitter !?!?! You are on the cutting edge. If I want a Toyota I will Google Toyota; and by I, I mean the entire world.

Please stop this ridiculousness. Ad execs, we know you're cooler than us, we've seen Mad Men, stop trying to out cool yourselves. Just make funny ads.

See me in person to hear more bitching.

1 comment: