Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Movie Sequels and More Part 4

Another look at Hollywood's hilarious concept of upcoming movies, meaning that they have run out of ideas and they can only come up with another round of prequels, sequels, and remakes and nothing original:
  • Paranormal Activity 5 - I haven't seen the first four, so I can only assume I won't see the fifth one.  Plus I'm pretty sure that some Hollywood exec made a bet that they could make more of these movies than Saw movies, that's the only explanation for making so many of these stupid movies.
  • I, Robot 2 - didn't everything get resolved in the first movie?  I don't understand what the second one could possibly be about.
  • Hancock 2 - great concept for a movie character, it's just too bad they screwed it up the first time, hopefully they will fix it the second time and maybe introduce a villain who can actually match up against the title hero.
  • The Avengers 2 - when the first one made a billion dollars, of course they are going to make another one.  Also, I'm interested to see if Robert Downey Jr actually has real dialogue this time round.  In the first one, he only said witty one-liners and nothing else.
  • Green Lantern 2 - why?!?  Did you see the first one?  It was beyond terrible and the Green Lantern character is really lame and his superpowers are stupid, so why waste more money on this franchise after losing so much the first time?
  • The Expendables 3 - I saw the first one, it was dumb and the only thing I remember about that movie is that Dolph Lundgren was killed, but he was somehow in the second one and already cast in the third one.  That makes no sense.
  • Battleship 2 - just kidding.
  • Tron: Legacy 2 - while I thought the first Tron: Legacy wasn't all that bad and I endorse anything that casts the super sexy Olivia Wilde, I'm fairly certain another one is just unnecessary.
  • Fantastic 4 Reboot - I still say the casting of the first go-round wasn't bad other than Jessica Alba (who is hot but a terrible actress), it's just too bad both scripts for the two originals were stupid.  Maybe they will finally get it right, but then again, Hollywood screwed up The Hulk twice and his character is awesome.
  • Jumanji 2 Remake - this makes zero sense to me, the first movie was okay, but not good enough to remake it less than 20 years later.
"If they do actually make a Green Lantern sequel, do you think they will include the giant space chicken again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment