Monday, February 18, 2013

NOKW - Alien: Resurrection

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series (if you don't know what this is, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  Alien: Resurrection

Basic Plot:  I'm not sure, I assume there are some aliens and a resurrection of some sort.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that I have never actually seen this movie other than the last scene and that is the one will be discussing because it is so ridiculous.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that the entire climax is beyond retarded and nothing about it made any damn sense.  First off, Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) and Winona Ryder are on some sort of ship with a super weird-looking alien.  Why is alien weird-looking?  Who the hell knows, but I do know that the alien is wounded and seems to be in love with Ripley for some reason.  And we haven't even gotten to the stupid stuff yet.  So, Ripley strolls up to the alien and hugs it or something and in the process of the hug, she purposely gets some of the alien's blood on her hand and then throws it on a nearby window which then proceeds to melt due to the blood.  But if the alien blood was able to burn through a window that is able to withstand the vacuum of space, then why didn't it burn right through Ripley's fragile human hand?  It abso-fucking-lutely would have but magically doesn't.  What happens next is that a hole forms in the window and sucks the alien completely through the tiny hole like it were a black hole.  My question is - once a solid substance like the alien's skull hits that hole, wouldn't it just plug the leak?  I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the physics of space and pressure, but I would think that the alien's skull would be able to plug up such a tiny hole quite effectively.  Instead, it gets completely sucked through and Ripley and the android (by the way, Winona Ryder was the robot in this one) are safe from the threat of death by alien and somehow from the hole that is still in the window.  Alien: Resurrection - I am not okay with that.

"Is that the resurrection part?  If so, gross."

No comments:

Post a Comment