Saturday, February 9, 2013

Really, SNL?

Do you know who is hosting Saturday Night Live tonight?  Fucking Justin Bieber.  Why, SNL?!?  This truly makes no sense to me.  Do they think that by having that twerp on the show it will bring in a younger (female) audience?  That answer is no.  Those teenage girls will watch that one show and then never watch it again because they will see something shiny and get distracted like everyone under the age tween.  Do they think he is funny?  I hope not.  Do they think that their current (dwindling) viewers will actually enjoy seeing a no-talent ass-clown hosting the show?  Well, maybe, they have let Lindsay Lohan host the show four times and one of those times was after she became a Hollywood outcast.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that SNL has grossly misjudged Bieber's popularity with their show's audience and I for one will do what I always do when I disagree with their choice of host - fast forward to Weekend Update and then delete that episode from my DVR.

And since we are here, I want to give SNL a couple of much better choices other than that lesbian-looking kid to host their show:
  • Nathan Fillion - the title character on the ABC show Castle and former star of short-lived Firefly would make the perfect host.  He's funny and charming, what more could they ask for?
  • Weird Al Yankovic - somehow the parody king hasn't even been the musical guest on the show.  He can sing, he can dance, and he knows how to play numerous characters.  Fix this injustice, SNL and make him a host!
  • Olivia Wilde - I love making lists that allow me to mention the super sexy Olivia Wilde.  Plus she is engaged to current SNL cast member Jason Sudeikis.
  • Robert Downey Jr. - did you know that Iron Man used to actually be a cast member on SNL?  So, why haven't they invited him back to host since becoming a superstar?  Because they are idiots and chose Bieber instead.
  • Alec Baldwin - he is hilarious and this would extend his hosting record to 17.
"Start a 'Weird Al to Host SNL' Facebook page now!  I'd do it but I hate Facebook."

No comments:

Post a Comment