Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week of Danica

This week Danica Patrick won the pole for the Daytona 500.  She is the first woman to win a pole and probably will be the 3rd woman to suck in an actual race.  Winning the pole doesn't really mean much in NASCAR (or in life) but it does give NASCAR some publicity.  Fortunately for non-NASCAR fans it gives us at least a week of great jokes.  Begin:
  • On Sportscenter Danica said It was great learning from Tony Stewart because when he races "He knows when to pull out and when to go".  Priceless.
  • Perfect tweet from Rick Reilley - @ReillyRick. "'So proud to have my daughter on the pole.' -- Danica Patrick's Dad"
  • I have seen hundreds of girls work way harder than Danica on a pole.
  • With Danica on the pole rubbin' really will be racin'.
  • I have seen girls on and around the pole but never directly on it - touche Danica.
  • I don't know how Danica gets all the cooking and cleaning done while racing - impressive.
  • If she is pregnant there will have to be a HANS device for babies.
  • If rubbin' is racin' then I am racin'......FAST!
  • What do you tell a girl with a wrecked car?  Nothing, you already told her once.
  • Conversation between all NASCAR fans:  "Don't breasts get in the way of driving?"  "I guess not, Tony Stewart did OK."
"I'm getting a hot rod looking at this hot rod."

No comments:

Post a Comment