Friday, April 5, 2013

Apolo Anton Ohno Movie

Do you guys remember Apolo Anton Ohno?  You know him, he is that American Olympian speed skater who was really good but nobody cares about him except for about five days every four years.  Well, I was up watching TV late one night and skipping through the channels when I saw a movie on the SyFy channel that caught my attention.  It was called Tasmanian Devils, but that wasn't what caught my attention.  It was the topped bill actor according to my program description that made me look twice.  If you haven't figured it out by now, that 'actor' was Apolo Anton Ohno.  That's right, the American speed skater has done a little acting in his downtime.  It also starred the chick who played Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years.  And what was Tasmanian Devils all about you ask?  I had to look it up and the only description I could find said that Winnie Cooper plays a park ranger who has to fight monstrous Tasmanian devils who have a sudden craving for blood.  What Apolo does in this movie, I haven't the faintest clue but assume at some point he skates away from these dangerous devils even though I can only assume this movie is set in Australia which isn't exactly known for its ice.  All I can say is that is a SyFy original, so you know it was terrible but somehow entertaining in its terribleness.  If anybody happens to stumble across this movie late one night, please check it out and get back to me.

"I assume that at one point in the movie, he had to ice skate away from a Tasmanian Devil."

1 comment:

  1. He gets killed off in first ten minutes.He also did a bit on Hawaii 5-0 where you been?

    ReplyDelete