Sunday, April 28, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Oklahoma 4

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Oklahoma

"People who make 'ugly faces' at dogs may be fined and/or jailed."

What the hell Oklahoma?  You are full of stupid laws.  As for this one, why the hell not?  For that matter, what constitutes an 'ugly face'?  I know what a silly face is, but I'm not exactly clear on what an ugly face is.  If I stick my tongue out at a dog, will I get arrested?  And who decides if someone is fined and/or jailed, let alone what degree of an 'ugly face' does someone have to make to deserve to be jailed?  It's not like you are going to hurt a dog's feelings if you make an ugly face at it (I tested this hypothesis on my dog and she seemed okay with my making faces at her).  Oklahoma, you cease to amaze me.

"Notice that this law doesn't say anything about dogs making ugly faces at people."

No comments:

Post a Comment