Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Hunger Games

Ah, yes, we are going to discuss The Hunger Games today.  First off, I am nerd and I have read the trilogy (if you haven't, then here is a non-spoiler breakdown, the first book was great, the second was okay but it took way too long for anything to happen, and the third book had plenty of action, however, the author just did a terrible job of describing that action and then she botched the climax) and I have seen the movie.  Now, what I want to know is - am I only one who would actually watch a real Hunger Games?  Seriously, if it were only men and they were all old enough to drink (and not children), you can't tell me that you wouldn't at least be intrigued.  However, I'm sure as soon as I see a dude's skull bashed in by an ax (and the replays) I might not like it as much.  But I would still tune in to see who was winning.  Plus the gambling implications would be huge.  I don't bet on sports anymore (I was never good at picking games when money was on the line), but I'm sure all of those gambling addicts would have a field day with this thing.  Anyways, I'm just saying it would be pretty cool if the Hunger Games were real.  Too bad our government and every parent on the planet would never let it happen, so I guess I will just have to stick to watching football if I want to see dudes try to kill each other.

"These are the actors who play the three lead characters in movie and I find hilarious how the female lead towers over one of her co-stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment