Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Movie Sequels, Remakes, and More

In case you missed the previous Movie Sequel/Prequel posts (here, here, and here), this is where I tell you about some of the crap Hollywood is spitting out due to their lack of original ideas.  And away we go:
  • This Is 40 - technically, this is the sequel to Knocked Up, but it only follows Paul Rudd and his family and doesn't look remotely funny.
  • Hansel and Gretal: Witch Hunters - those little kids from the fairy tale are grown up killing witches, if I had to guess, this was written by the same people who did Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
  • Scary Movie 5 - I didn't even know they made a 4th one of these.
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful - this is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz where James Franco plays Oz and tells the story of how he became the ruler.  Mila Kunis is in it, so they have that going for them.
  • Percy Jackson 2 - these movies make me think someone saw how much money Harry Potter was making, so they took a Greek mythology book and stuffed as much of it into a crappy movie.
  • Carrie - I never saw the first one, so I probably won't see the remake.
  • Jack and the Giant Killer - a live-action Jack and the Beanstalk, looks stupid.
  • The Evil Dead - how can you remake this and not include the character Ash or star Bruce Campbell?
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - I guess Leatherface is back, but horror movies are stupid, so I don't care.
  • Die Hard 5 - I know I have mentioned this one before, but they released the basic plot and I got confused.  IMDB says the plot is "John McClane and his son take on local forces in Russia".  When in the hell did McClane get a son?
"Did you know that she was only 14 when she first starred on That 70's Show?"

1 comment: