Friday, August 17, 2012

Mason and the Alligator

Guess what, it's Friday and I have another story about my awesome nephew Mason and it happened during the same trip to the beach I told you about last week.  After a long day on the beach, my sister and the family went out to eat at a fancy restaurant called Bayou Bill's and by fancy, I mean that it had an outdoor balcony that overlooked a pond of alligators and served beer in clean mugs.  Very fancy.  Well, as an incentive to get families with young kids to come and eat at their fancy establishment, Bayou Bill's offered a photo opp with a real live alligator (for 5 bucks).  As you would imagine, this sounded like a great idea to Mason and his brothers, so my sister herded them over to the photo area to snap the shot below.  When they got there, the lady in charge of the alligator had walked off for a minute, but this didn't deter Mason one bit, he ducked under the rope and headed straight to that alligator.  My sister was able to snag him before he grabbed the gator, but she was amazed at how fearless he was of the alligator (when she told me this, I asked her if she did realize that we were talking about the same Mason that I have been telling you guys all about).  In the end, they got their picture taken, but when they went to leave, Mason was extremely upset that he couldn't take the gator with him.  Just imagine that, Mason with a pet alligator, just what this world needs.

"I can only imagine what Mason is thinking about, probably ways he can become an alligator-themed supervillain when he gets older."

No comments:

Post a Comment