Sunday, September 16, 2012

Stupid State Laws - Georgia

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Georgia

"You have the right to commit simple battery if provoked by 'fighting' words."

This is a good one.  I looked up the legal definition of simple battery and frankly, it's kind of confusing.  Basically, I think it is "the use of force against another, resulting in harmful or offensive contact".  In other words, it's fighting.  So, if some dumb drunk redneck tells another dumb drunk redneck that his sister has a sweet ass while they are in the state of Georgia, they can duke it out without any consequences.  That's not stupid, that's awesome and seems totally fair to me.  In fact, I just wanted to let the world know that they can go to Georgia and kick someone's ass as long as they first insult the other guy's (or gal's) sexual orientation or the thickness of their momma.  Enjoy!

"He said fightin' and that's a word, who cares if I took it out of context, I'm going kick his ass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment