Sunday, July 14, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Rhode Island 3

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Rhode Island

"Professional sports, except ice polo and hockey, must obtain a license to play games on Sunday."

Dear Rhode Island, you are not Canada.  Ice polo and hockey?  Are you serious?  What in the hell is ice polo anyways?  I had never even heard of ice polo until I read this law.  And when I looked up pictures of the sport, I was even more baffled.  Horses on ice.  That sounds like the most dangerous sport outside of Jai Alai.  And for that matter, how many horses do they go through during a game of ice polo?  They must break legs constantly.  But that's not the point of this post.  Why only ice polo and hockey?  Is Rhode Island even known for their icy conditions?  Sure, it gets pretty cold up there in the winter, but does it cold enough to freeze ever body of water in that tiny state?  I doubt it, but what do I know.  Besides, how popular could those two sports be that they don't require a license to be played on Sundays?  Have they never heard of America's most popular sport - beer pong?  Rhode Island, get your shit together.

"Holy shit, that looks incredible dangerous.  Sign me up."

No comments:

Post a Comment