Monday, July 1, 2013

NOKW - G.I. Joe

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series (if you don't know what this is, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Basic Plot:  Our childhood toys come to life in a CGI-filled piece of crap that was still somehow entertaining.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that I like Channing Tatum's movies and I have no idea why.  The fact that they thought casting Marlon Wayans in an action movie was a good idea.  The fact that G.I. Joe would bring two new recruits straight into their secret base without having them go through some sort of testing first to see if they were trustworthy.  The fact that Cobra was able to so easily infiltrate G.I. Joe's secret base.  The fact that I think I have already done a NOKW for this movie.  The fact that if you blink you will miss Brendan Fraser's cameo.  The fact that the hot redhead's outfit looks more uncomfortable then functional.  The fact that the bad guy made a super weapon that he had to have someone who doesn't work for him arm.  The fact that the Paris chase scene with those mechanized suits actually dropped my IQ.  The fact that nothing Cobra did made any sense.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that G.I. Joe didn't know where Cobra's secret underwater base was located even though in order to build something that large in the Arctic G.I. Joe probably should have noticed a ton of materials and people working in that area.  First off, Cobra's secret underwater base is HUGE.  Something that large should easily be noticed even if it is underwater under the ice in the Arctic especially by the highly funded super-secret spy organization G.I. Joe.  A base that large would take a long time, a lot of raw materials, and a lot of manpower to build.  Therefore, Joe should have seen the damn thing being built.  They definitely should have heard some chatter that a base that large was in works and definitely should have been following its progress.  Instead, they didn't hear a damn thing about it and were clueless as to where Cobra was hiding their evil doings.  I am not okay with that.

"Look at thing, it's huge.  No spy organization should ever not know that something like that exists."

No comments:

Post a Comment