Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Who's The Bigger Star? Part 2

Here is a fun post where a compare two actors/actresses, sports stars, TV personalities, etc against each other and determine who is the bigger star.  Let's see who wins this time:

George Clooney v. Brad Pitt

George Clooney
  • Biggest Role:  I guess it's either his role from ER or as Danny Ocean.
  • My Favorite Role:  Everett McGill from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • Top Earning Movie:  Surprisingly, it's Gravity.
  • Biggest Flop:  Easy, it was Batman & Robin.
  • Awards:  13 Golden Globe Nominations (4 Wins), 8 Oscar Nominations (2 Wins), 2 Emmy Nominations
  • Career:  Random tidbit, he was on a show called E/R and then the show we all know, ER.  Anyways, after leaving ER for the movie industry, he did a lot of random stuff until the Ocean's Eleven movies and from there went on to direct and produce.  He recently won an Oscar for producing Argo, so his career is still going strong.
Brad Pitt
  • Biggest Role:  As Angelina Jolie's husband.  Are they married?  I have no idea anymore.
  • My Favorite Role:  It's tough to go against Tyler Durden from Fight Club, but I'm going with his character in the little known movie, Snatch.
  • Top Earning Movie:  World War Z
  • Biggest Flop:  He's actually done a number of crappy movies, but my least favorite was when he played Achilles in Troy.
  • Awards:  5 Golden Globe Nominations (1 Wins), 4 Oscar Nominations, 1 Emmy Nominations (for his cameo on Friends)
  • Career:  The first thing he is remembered for was his part in Thelma & Louise and then went on to do all sorts of random stuff for the next decade like Se7en, Fight Club, Interview With A Vampire, etc.  Seriously, if you don't know what he's been in then you must have been living in a cave your whole life.

At first, I really thought Pitt would run away with this thing, then I changed my mind and thought with Clooney's recent exploits he should be dubbed the winner.  But then I changed my mind again because Brad Pitt was just too awesome in Fight Club that I'm going to give him the award even though it was really really close on this one.

"I don't know if that's true, but I do know his kids might be."

No comments:

Post a Comment