Thursday, February 20, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Kevin Costner

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Billy ChapelFor Love of the Game - Yup, this is a romantic comedy sports movie.  And I've watched it at least a dozen times.  Call me sappy, but I really liked it and Kevin was perfect for the part.
Roy McAvoyTin Cup - My favorite part of this movie was seeing a super young, super skinny Phil Mickelson playing himself in one scene.  And I guess Costner was pretty good, too.
Ray KinsellaField of Dreams - I'm not sure if I have ever seen this movie all the way through, but I do know that it is much loved and that people really liked Kevin's character in it.
Crash DavisBull Durham - Another sports movie!  There seems to be a theme here - Kevin Costner is only good when he is playing 'athletes'.  And I say 'athletes' because he only plays athletes in sports that don't really requiring much athletic ability.  The good news, he's really good at it.
Murphy3000 Miles to Graceland - This was one weird movie, but for some strange reason I liked it and Costner played a very convincing villain, so I had to include it because I always pick one weird role for this post.

Bottom 5
Mariner, Waterworld - Piece of Garbage.  In fact, I think this entry just inspired me to write a NOKW post about it in the near future.  Stay tuned.
The PostmanThe Postman - Piece of Garbage: The Sequel.  If it weren't for the terrible ending this movie wouldn't have been that ba....who am I kidding, this movie was terrible from beginning to end and Costner was equally as terrible.
Robin HoodRobin Hood: Prince of Thieves - While this movie was entertaining (especially Alan Rickman), Costner was playing a British vagabond with an American accent.  In fact, you can hear where he attempted a British accent at certain points in the movie and then just quit trying after awhile.
Ben RandallThe Guardian - Kevin plays a Coast Guard Rescue Diver.  No thank you.
Lt. DunbarDances with Wolves - I know this movie won Best Picture and Costner won Best Director, but it was sooooooo boring, so that qualifies it as bad in my book.

"Humans evolved gills in only 500 years?  Somehow I doubt that."

No comments:

Post a Comment