Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bane

The third and final Christopher Nolan/Christian Bale Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, comes out in roughly five weeks.  And I cannot wait.  I can't say that I've been this excited to see a movie since I was a kid and went and saw the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.  In the new Batman, their are two villains (maybe, no one is sure where Catwoman's allegiances lie yet) and one of them is the comic book character, Bane, who will be played by the actor, Tom Hardy, who you may know from Inception, Layer Cake, RocknRolla, or This Means War.  Here is what Tom Hardy looks like:


And here is what he looks like as Bane:


I don't know what it is about Christopher Nolan and his Batman villains, but he sure as hell can transform them into some amazing characters on screen.  Heath Ledger's Joker was better than awesome, so I'm really looking forward to Tom Hardy's Bane and based on the trailers, I don't think he is going to disappoint.  Oh, and I recently read that the studio behind the Batman movies really pushed hard to have Leonardo DiCaprio play The Riddler in this movie, but that fell through.  Personally, I think Leo as a bad guy would have been his best role to date and it turns out that he turned down the new Batman movie in order to play an evil plantation owner in the new Quentin Tarantino flick, Django Unchained, so we might get to see this role after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment