Friday, June 8, 2012

The Name Mason

This isn't a story about my awesome nephew Mason, but something interesting I read recently that relates to his name.  They (and I'm not exactly sure who "they" are) announced the Most Popular Baby Names this year and here is the Top 10 list for boy's names:
  1. Jacob
  2. Mason
  3. William
  4. Jayden
  5. Noah
  6. Michael
  7. Ethan
  8. Alexander
  9. Aiden
  10. Daniel
Yup, the name Mason was the 2nd most popular baby name this past year.  Most "experts" seem to think that the reason the name Mason was so popular is because one of those whore Kardashians named their kid Mason and the gullible public followed suit.  However, I tend to think that people have been reading about my awesome nephew and decided to get a leg up and name their own kids after him so that when he takes over the world, they might be spared.  The funny thing about his name showing up on that list is that before my sister named him, I had never met anyone with that name (other than myself and it is my middle name), so that is quite a leap for his name is such a short period of time.  Anyways, if someone tells you that they named their kid Mason, either they watch way too much garbage TV or they are appeasing their future dictator.  (Random side note - I guess Team Jacob is winning the war considering the name Edward didn't even make the list and Jacob claimed the top spot.....for now.)

"Your future king."

No comments:

Post a Comment