Saturday, June 16, 2012

Baseball Comedies

Have you ever noticed that almost all comedy movies that involve baseball, more specifically, comedies that are set with an actual Major League Baseball team, use teams from the Midwest?  Pretty much every single one of baseball comedies are set in the Midwest and I have no idea why.  Let me show you what I mean:
Alright, that's kind of short list, but then again, there are not that many pure comedy baseball movies (and I know For Love of the Game is more love story than baseball movie, but I thought it had enough one-liners to count, also, did you know that that movie is directed by Sam Raimi, the same guy behind the Spider-Man movies).  There are other baseball comedies out there, but most either involve a fictional team or had to use the Angels because of the plot.  In either case, I can't figure out why Hollywood always uses Major League teams from the Midwest when making comedy movies.  It makes no sense to me.

"Do you guys remember when Charlie Sheen was only kind of crazy and not bat-shit insane?"

No comments:

Post a Comment