Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pangea

I'm hoping you guys know what Pangea is, if not, it is the name of the super-continent that existed on Earth 300 million years ago.  Basically, every continent we know of today was connected and then over time, they drifted apart (I know me telling you this may seem like I assume you guys are idiots, but bare with me, it's going somewhere).  This is what Pangea looked like:


And this is what we know the Earth looks like today:


Now, it took roughly 300 million years for the current configuration to happen, but that begs the questions - what is the world going to look like in another 300 million years?  Is Alaska going to collide with Russia?  Is South America going to squish together with Antarctica or bump uglies with Australia?  Will the world become another super-continent?  This is just another weird (brainfart) thought that goes through my head.  In any case, I don't think humanity will have to worry about that.  We will either kill each other off or be taken over by zombies, robots, or aliens.  Or maybe worse, zombie robot aliens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment