Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stupid State Laws

Here is a new series of posts where I tell you guys about a state law still on the books of that respective state and discuss why it is stupid.  Let's go.

Alabama

"Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death."

Uhhh....why?  Neither part of this law makes sense.  Why is putting salt on a railroad track a bad thing?  I could understand if you put a fuck-ton of it on a railroad track, because it may cause the train to derail, but punishable by death?  That seems a little harsh.  What I really want to know is how many times this happened before they had to make a law about it?  Once?  Twice?  A million?  In fact, I want to know if there is anybody currently on death row who was found guilty of this crime.  Just imagine that conversation:

Inmate #1:  So, what are you in for?
Inmate #2:  I killed an entire family and kept their eyes as trophies.  You?
Inmate #1:  I put salt on a railroad track.
Inmate #2:  Hardcore, buddy.  Hardcore.

"Bubba, I think we might be in trouble.  How did I ever let you talk me into putting salt on that railroad track?  Oh yeah.  Natty Light, moonshine, and cocaine."

1 comment:

  1. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_when_you_put_salt_on_a_railroad_track

    ReplyDelete