Friday, June 6, 2014

Movie Trailer Review - Edge of Tomorrow

This is not a review of the trailer, but a review of this movie based entirely on this movie's trailer.  I have a special talent of being able to figure out whether a movie will be any good based just on the trailer and I'm finally putting that talent to good use.  Screw you, it's a real talent.



I don't know what to make of this movie other than it is Groundhog Day, War of the Worlds, and the mech suit scene from the 3rd Matrix all wrapped up in one.  I guess my problem with this thing is that Tom Cruise hasn't put out a great movie in a long time, depending on how you felt about the 4th Mission: Impossible, which I felt was decent, but not great.  Seriously, after looking at his IMDB page, the last great movie he was in might have been Jerry Maguire and that was nearly 20 years ago.  In other words, this thing doesn't really stand a chance.

As for the trailer, it definitely makes this movie look interesting.  In fact, it kind of looks cool.  At least it's a more original concept from some the crap Hollywood has been pumping out lately.  The fight scenes look really cool, but they build the "There is no way we can win this thing" angle too much and I hate when they do that.  We all know the good guys will win, that's how movies work.  Also, I am a big Emily Blunt fan, I think it's the accent, but she's not enough for me to want to see this thing.  So, should you go see this movie in the theater?  It depends on how bored and/or hot it this weekend.  I've heard it's pretty decent, so if it's super hot outside this weekend, go blow a couple bucks to sit inside in an air conditioned theater and if it does suck, just take a nap in the cool air.

Estimated Opening Weekend Box Office Gross - $40 million +

What Kind of Fart This Movie Will Resemble:

The Ghost Fart - A doubtful fart in most cases, as it is supposed to be identified by odor alone and to occur, for instance, in an empty house. You enter and smell a fart, yet no one is there. People will insist that only a fart could have that odor, but some believe it is just something that happens to smell like a fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment