Monday, June 30, 2014

NOKW - X-Men: First Class

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series where I point out things in a movie I can tolerate and then one thing I just couldn't (if you want, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  X-Men: First Class

Basic Plot:  The origin story of some of your favorite mutants back when Magneto and Professor X were friends and the world still didn't know about mutants.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that young Professor X had a full head of hair.  The fact that January Jones was really bad in this movie, how did she get cast?  I guess they saw their error and that's why she isn't in Days of Future Past.  The fact that I still don't know what the hell Kevin Bacon's mutant power was because it seemed to range from kind of lame to incredibly destructive for no reason.  The fact that young Magneto was a badass and they should make a movie about him going around the world hunting Nazis.    The fact the government seemed to be scared of the mutants and yet still had a facility for them to hang out.  The fact that the only good guy mutant who dies was black.  The fact that Magneto really did have a point of wanting to kill all the humans who tried to blow them up at the end of the movie.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that Beast wanted to give Mystique a shot that would make her "normal", but in actuality, it would have taken away her mutant ability while his would still work.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, there is a scene where Beast makes a formula which he thinks will make Mystique and himself look normal.  However, making Mystique look normal would have resulted in her no longer being able to shape shift and yet he would have still been really strong and whatever else his mutant ability is.  Thankfully, she turned it down.  But he didn't, it backfired, and turned him into a furry blue monster.  Actually, I am okay with that, but the fact that she would have been robbed of her mutant ability because Beast is a dick?  I am not okay with that.

"The fact that she is virtually naked and yet I'm not turned on.  There is nothing left to the imagination and I still feel robbed somehow."

No comments:

Post a Comment