Monday, June 2, 2014

2014 Maxim Hot 100

Just like I did last year, I felt like somebody needed to scrutinize this year's Maxim Hot 100.  However, I am going to admit right away that Maxim did a lot better job this year than they did last year.  This year, the number one spot is occupied by a model named Candice Swanepoel (pictured below) who, in my opinion, is actually worthy of the top spot unlike last year.  Seriously, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez were the top two, I still don't know what they were taking when they decided on that.  Anyways, here is my Underrated/Overrated list for this year which I did put in some sort of order...you'll figure it out.  And oddly enough, the top spot for both Underrated and Overrated are the same two people (I said people b/c I believe one of them is a dude).  Let's do this:

Top 5 Underrated
  • 43) Kate Beckinsale - Did you know she is 41?  For a 41 year old, she still looks damn fine and it's a shame that she is ranked this low.
  • 74) Jill Wagner - I'm going to be honest, I have a huge crush on Jill.  She is one of the hosts of that wacky obstacle course game show, Wipeout, and frankly, I think I love her.  Therefore, her being ranked 74th is a crime.
  • 61) Amber Heard - Amber actually dropped a couple spots from last year and I don't know why.  She's insanely hot!  I guess it's the fact that she is dating Johnny Depp that is hurting her ranking.
  • 84) Gal Gadot - I recently watched Fast & Furious 6 (and am ashamed to say I enjoyed it) in which Gal plays Gisele.  I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she's gorgeous.  Next up, she will be playing Wonder Woman in the Batman v. Superman movie.  Solid choice in my book, bad choice by Maxim.
  • 49) Emilia Clarke - Hottie McDragonQueen from Game of Thrones is insane hot and it's a shame that she only moved up to 49th this year.  She should easily by in the Top 10.
Top 10 Overrated
  • 20) Kaley Cuoco - I love The Big Bang Theory, but I've never thought that Kaley was Top 20 hot.  She should have made the list, but definitely not this high.
  • 19) Selena Gomez - She still looks like a 12 year old and that is creepy and therefore we should not be calling her hot unless we all want to end up on some sort of list that makes us inform our neighbors that we live nearby.
  • 21) Beyonce - I don't see the appeal.  I never have and I never will.
  • 6) Zooey Deschanel - She's cute, but hot?  Meh.  And they ranked her 6th?!?  Are they insane?  Short answer - yes.
  • 3) Katy Perry - Is it the boobs?  That's the only reason she could possibly be this high.  They are some really nice boobs, but that shouldn't give her the number 3 spot on this list.
  • 52) Jordana Brewster - I used to think Jordana was really hot, but today, she looks like a skeleton wrapped in skin.  Kind of gross if you ask me.
  • 25) Miley Cyrus - I still can't figure out if Miley is even hot.  I guess in that "Crazy Eyed Wild Child" kind of hot, but even then, I don't know.  At least they didn't give her the top spot again this year.
  • 15) Christina Aguilera - They do realize that this list is meant for this year and not 1998?  Seriously, just click on that link, she's, ummmm, quite chubby in 2014.  How is she in the Top 15?
  • 36) Jennifer Lopez - I can't stand Jennifer Lopez.  Maybe it's because she almost ruined Ben Affleck's career, but most likely it's because she just comes off as the biggest bitch in the world.
  • 31) Leah Michele - Damn it, people.  How did she move up the list this year?!?  I'm still not convinced that Leah is a not a dude.

Honorable Mention:  
  • NR) Kim Kardashian - This made me smile.  America finally got their shit together and banished this hooker (definition - a woman who bangs men for money, which Kim most certainly does) from the list.  Thank you, America.

"I use one of those shuffle features for my desktop and this picture has been in the mix for quite some time, so I guess I'm not surprised that she got the top spot this year considering I've been looking at her fine self for quite some time."

No comments:

Post a Comment