Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Keanu Reeves

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
TedBill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - There are rumors that they are making a third Bill and Ted movie.  Hollywood truly is desperate if they think they can bring back these classic characters nearly 25 years after their last movie.  Either way, I did love this movie.
NeoThe Matrix - I've always felt that if you watch the first movie and then skip the last half of the 2nd one and the first half of the 3rd one, then the trilogy isn't that bad.  Sadly, they had two movies worth of material and stretched it into three movies because they got greedy.
Shane FalcoThe Replacements - Keanu playing a quarterback for the 2nd time in his career?  Yup, and somehow it worked again.  Is this movie cheesy?  You know it.  Is it still somehow entertaining?  Somehow.  Also, whatever happened to the actress who played the love interest?  She was hot and yet we never saw her again.
Jack TravenSpeed - This movie had one of the dumbest premises ever and it still worked.  I have yet to figure out how it worked, but it did.  Sadly, Hollywood still tries to pull off stupid crap like this all the time and fails each time.
Johnny UtahPoint Break - Did you know that they are remaking this movie?  And the guy they have playing the part of Johnny Utah is some dude I have never heard of and when I looked at his IMDB page, I noticed he was on a show called Dance Academy.  What?!?

Bottom 5
Alex WylerThe Lake House - A sappy romantic movie featuring the stars of Speed including a magic mailbox, how did this get made?
Kevin LomaxThe Devil's Advocate - It was the terrible Southern accent that really did this movie in.  The good news is that we got to see Charlize Theron naked.
Johnathon HarkerDracula - Who thought it would be a good idea to cast Keanu in this movie?  I really want to know and I also want to know if that person never worked in the industry again, because they shouldn't have ever been allowed to cast a movie again.
Johnny MnemonicJohnny Mnemonic - The name of this movie alone qualifies it for this part of the list alone.
Eddie KaselivichChain Reaction - They expected us to believe that Ted from Bill and Ted was a genius physics student?  Hahahahahahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment