Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Utah 5

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Utah

"It is illegal not to drink milk."

My first thought when I saw this law was that those Mitt Romney sketches on SNL make sense now.  My second thought was - what?!?  This makes so little sense that I'm beyond confused.  Does this mean that the only beverage you are allowed to drink in the state of Utah is milk?  Does this mean that if you go to a restaurant the waiter doesn't ask for your drink order, they just bring you some milk?  Are stores allowed to sell only milk?  Does milk even provide you with the necessary nutrients to survive if that is the only thing you drink?  Did you know that you can't drink an entire gallon of milk in one sitting without vomiting it all back up?  That is a fact, I tried to do it once in college.  I finished off the whole gallon, thought I had succeeded where other's couldn't, started playing some Mike Tyson's Punchout, and then 15 minutes later barfed my guts out.  Wasn't college awesome?  But that's not the point.  What the hell is going on here, Utah?  I need answers and I need them now.

"She's drinking water!  Arrest her now!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment