Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weekly Picks of the Week - Week 8


Picks in Bold
Rankings based on Coaches Poll
All lines provided by BETONLINE.ag

Central Florida Knights @ #6 Louisville Cardinals (-12.5)
Fri 8:00
ESPN

#22 Florida Gators (-3) @ #14 Missouri Tigers
12:21
Not Sure

Auburn Tigers (+13) @ #7 Texas A&M Aggies
3:30
CBS

#10 UCLA Bruins (+5.5) @ #13 Stanford Cardinal
3:30
ABC/ESPN2

USC Trojans (+3) @ Notre Dame Fighting Irish
7:30
NBC

#5 Florida State Seminoles @ #4 Clemson Tigers (+3)
8:00
ABC

-How much different would football be if you only had three downs to get 10 yards?  Or what if they took away some of the dumb penalties like running into the kicker?  Or how about you had to get 15 yards for every four downs?  Okay, I think they do that last one in Canada, but you get my point.  I really wonder how different football would look if they had come up with a different set of rules when they were inventing the game back in the day.

-So, they announced that Virginia Tech will be playing Tennessee at the Bristol Motor Speedway a couple years from now.  However, look at the picture below and see if you notice the same thing I did.


Did you see it?  Yeah, every single seat in that place is horrible for watching college football.  Sure, it could hold 160,000 fans and will break the All-Time Biggest Crowd record, but none of those spectators will be able to see the game.  Maybe they should have thought that one through before giving it a green light.  Then again, whenever you can sell 160,000 tickets, they couldn't care less if the fans can see the game or not as long as they are rolling around in bundles of cash.

-I went 3-3 last week.  I can live with that.  However, I wish I had known that Georgia was missing their top two running backs and their top three receivers going into that game.  I definitely would have picked Missouri.  Oh well.  I promise a winning week this time or your money back.

The Funniest Sign From Last Week's College GameDay


(That sign was so perfectly placed.  Also, ESPN announced they are coming to Clemson for the second time this season next week and I cannot wait to see the signs bashing Jesse Palmer.  I hate that guy.)

-Alright, enjoy the eighth week of college football.

Last Week's Results: 3-3
Season Results: 20-18-3

No comments:

Post a Comment