Friday, April 6, 2012

Mason At The Bank

Guess what? My sister gave me another Mason story that I thought was really funny. First off, she told me that when she is in the bathroom getting ready to go run errands or whatever, Mason knows that while she is in there, he can get away with doing anything for a couple of precious minutes. One morning while she was getting ready, he apparently snuck into the garage and found a cricket cage his dad had used on a recent fishing trap. Mason took the remaining live crickets and dumped them into a toy truck that he could close the back of trapping the crickets inside. He then took that truck and put it in the car. My sister then came out of the bathroom, loaded up the car with the kids and headed for the Brand Bank in Duluth, Georgia to finish getting a loan approved for their new house. When they got to the bank, her youngest kid, Emmitt (when I hear his name, it always makes me think of Doctor Emmitt Brown from the Back to the Future movies), wanted to bring the toy truck - the one with the crickets in it - into the bank with him. Not knowing about the crickets, she let him. Once inside, they headed up to the second floor where the loan officer’s office was located and waited in the lobby until he was available. Well, as soon as they sat down, Mason grabbed the toy truck, opened the back, and let loose the two dozen crickets he had earlier trapped in the truck. My sister didn’t know what he was doing until it was too late and just had to watch as the crickets scattered to all corners of the bank’s offices. Needless to say she fled the bank as soon as she was done dealing with her loan. We can only assume that Mason knew precisely what he was doing when he went into the garage that morning. And you can also assume that the employees of that bank still have no idea how so many crickets came to live on the second floor of their bank. That kid is crazy smart and I can’t wait to hear the stories from my sister as soon as he is old enough to attend school and old enough to terrorize his teachers.

"Mason stabbed Alexatgt as soon as I put him down."

No comments:

Post a Comment