Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Simpsons

Is it just me or does anyone actually watch The Simpsons anymore?  I feel like that that show hasn't been funny in over a decade.  The only episodes I would go out of my way to watch is their Halloween special, Treehouse of Horror, but even those are just getting more and more weird and are no longer funny.  I guess it was the other more adult-themed cartoons like Family Guy, South Park, and Archer that really did The Simpsons in, because as soon as those shows hit the air, The Simpsons' humor instantly became outdated.  The fact that the show has been on the air for 23 seasons and has over 500 episodes shows that someone still watches it, but I honestly don't know who these people are.  And do you remember how one of the best parts of that show was seeing what would happen to the family as they entered their house during the opening credits?  Well, I watched a recent episode and that scene alone lasted two minutes and did a parody of Avatar that made no sense.  They either need new writers or they should just ditch the whole thing altogether because FX's series Archer is ten times funnier and quickly making The Simpsons irrelevant.

"However, I will admit that Ralph Wiggum is still hilarious."

No comments:

Post a Comment