Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fun With Analogies

I've always thought that the analogy "It's Like Shooting Fish in a Barrel" never made any sense.  Think about it. If someone says that something is as easy as "shooting fish in a barrel", do they actually know this from experience?  Because I would imagine shooting fish in a barrel could actually be pretty difficult.  Unless you shoot at the fish from point-blank range, I bet it would be really tough to actually kill the fish with the actually bullet.  If you miss the fish (which is the most likely case), then all you would end up with is a slowly leaking barrel and no dead fish.  In either case, I guess the fish would ultimately die, but it defeats the purpose of the analogy.  Well, that's all I've got, it's Saturday, sue me.

"Maybe they should change the saying to 'Shooting Fish at Point-Blank Range in a Small Bowl on Top of a Barrel'."

No comments:

Post a Comment