Monday, July 23, 2012

NOKW - G.I. Joe

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series (if you don't know what this is, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Basic Plot:  I'm not sure exactly, but there was a ton of fighting and explosions and leather-clad hotties.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that I not only watched this movie, but actually liked it.  The fact that there is no one named Joe in the entire movie (unless Brendan Fraser and his short onscreen time was named Joe).  The fact that there are so many things to make fun of in this movie that we are just going to skip ahead to the most ridiculous thing about this movie.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that the whole movie's plot revolved around the bad guys stealing a weapon from the good guys when that weapon was manufactured by the bad guy in the first place.  You see, one of the bad guys is a weapons manufacturer and he made some ridiculous missile that can eat through anything which he then sells to the US Military.  While on route from the bad guy's factory, he has leather-clad bad chick try and steal it.  But why bother?  He is the one who makes it, couldn't he just make one for himself and give it to his fellow bad guys to use?  Sure, I guess he had to give the good guys one when he told them he was making it, but then why didn't he just not tell the good guys and then give one to the bad guys to unleash on the unprepared public?  Wouldn't that have been a lot easier evil plan?  And had he done that, G.I. Joe wouldn't have recruited the two new guys that were key in taking the bad guy down.  I am not okay with that.

"Here are two very good reasons to watch this movie."

No comments:

Post a Comment