Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Movie Review - The Amazing Spider-Man

Since I just saw The Amazing Spider-Man, I thought I would give you guys a review of the movie.  Also, if I see anything else this summer, I just might let you know if it is worth seeing or not.  Here goes.

First things first, I thought this adaptation of Spider-Man was better than the first trilogy and I really liked the first two (that third one was an abomination).  And I would make fun of the fact that they are re-booting the series only ten years after the original, but after seeing this one, I really can't because it was good.  The thing I thought this movie did better than the original was that they used far less CGI.  Except for the villain, The Lizard, the director used more realistic shots of Spider-Man and I thought that gave the movie a cooler look and made it more real.  On top of that, the costume they used somehow looked more realistic than the original, like something a real person would wear if they just so happened to be a super-powered spider person.  The plot moved along smoothly and the actors were all great.  Also, unlike the first movies, they showed that Spider-Man could actually be injured.  When Tobey Maguire's Spidey got hurt, he always bounced back without even a bruise, but Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was constantly bruised and bleeding, which I thought gave him a more human feel.  And speaking of Andrew Garfield's portrayal, I thought his Peter Parker was more true to the comic books.  He was smart dork, but had a great sarcastic wit about him, while Tobey's Peter was just a straight-up nerd.

The only thing I didn't like was that I think they kind of botched the "from normal teenager to spider-powered kid" sequence.  It seemed rushed, but at the same time, they did have a great scene when Peter came home the first time after realizing what he had become that almost made up for that (I won't give anything away in case you haven't seen it, your welcome).

I would recommend seeing The Amazing Spider-Man.  If you enjoy these kinds of movies, you will definitely enjoy this one.

Rating (out of 5):  4.25 Farts


No comments:

Post a Comment