Friday, January 18, 2013

Mason Strikes Again

Alrighty, I've got another story about my awesome nephew Mason and it is a good one.  First off, Mason is now enrolled in kindergarten and that means he is out of my sister's control for a few hours each day, so you know trouble is going to follow.  And as she told me at Christmas, she has already had to sign notes about his behavior from his art, math, and reading teachers as well as the lunch lady which I didn't even know was possible.

Anyways, one day Mason was in class and asked the teacher if he could go to the bathroom.  The teacher unwisely gave him a pass and let him go on his way unsupervised.  What transpired next is not entirely clear because Mason refuses to tell his side of the story, but my sister thinks she has figured it out.  After leaving class to go to the "bathroom", Mason left the school entirely, jumped on a random school bus, and the next thing my sister knows, Mason walks in the front door at home.  I don't even know how this is possible because it was the middle of the day and school buses should not be running kids to and from school at that time.  All we do know is that Mason somehow talked his way into getting a ride home from a complete stranger and somehow found his way home on his own.  I should remind you that he is in kindergarten, a time in your life when you can barely spell your own name but Mason knows how to skip school and con his way into getting a free ride home.  I don't know what this says about our society, but I do know that my nephew is destined for greatness.....or some serious shenanigans when he is finally old enough to drive.  Hopefully my sister is smart enough to never give him the keys to a motor vehicle or we might all be doomed.

"I can only assume Mason was pretending he was Godzilla and was jumping on the unsuspecting public."

No comments:

Post a Comment