Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weekly Picks of the Week - Recap


Well, the official end of the college football season came to a close on Monday night when Alabama slapped Notre Dame around like they were a drunken Irishman beating his wife.  And with the season over, I wanted to get a couple final notes off my chest before next fall:

-I would say that my picks were pretty good considering I finished the regular season with an overall winning record of 49-38.  However, when it came to picking bowl games, I was fucking terrible and went 3-10-1.  The good news is that I had my first push of the season.  Also, before the bowl games even started I told you guys that picking those glorified exhibition games is hopeless and then proved that hypothesis correct.

-Congratulations to Alabama for winning their third championship in four years, but this officially means that every fan other than Alabama fans (and fans of crappy SEC teams) now hates them.  They have now become the Yankees of college football.  Some Bama fans will love it because that means they are winners and people are just jealous of their success, but in reality, people will dislike them because success will go to their heads and they will probably become arrogant dicks, you know, like every fan of an SEC already is.

-Speaking of the National Championship, can someone please tell me why ESPN thought showing the overall record between Alabama and Notre Dame was relevant to last Monday's game?  It's great and all that Notre Dame is 5-1 all-time against Alabama, but they haven't played each other since 1987.  That means that none of the players on either team had even been born when that game was played.  So, how does Notre Dame beating Alabama over two decades ago seem pertinent to their recent matchup?  It doesn't.

-Lastly, I have one prediction for next season.  College GameDay will be in Clemson the first weekend of next season for the Top 10 matchup between Georgia and Clemson which will result in some great signs for me to pick from for my next Funniest GameDay Sign selection.  See ya next season, college football fans.

Regular Season Results: 49-38
Bowl Results: 3-10-1

"This is Alabama's QB's girlfriend.  I think I chose the wrong profession."

No comments:

Post a Comment