Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Ohio 2

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Ohio

"It is illegal to get a fish drunk."

This is a lot like last weeks law, but slightly different and slightly stupider.  I guess our first question should be - why the hell not?  What does buying a fish and being drunk have to do with each other?  I mean, I'm just going to assume that the fish was probably caught by a guy who was drunk at the time so why would buying a fish drunk be any different?  I can honestly say that the last time I went fishing I was super drunk and I'm pretty sure that the last time I bought a fish I was only kind of drunk.  That being said, in both instances, it did not inhibit my ability to do either the fishing or the buying.  And if you can't buy a fish drunk, does that mean you can buy anything else drunk either?  Did stupid Ohio leave themselves a massively drunken loophole in their legal system allowing drunks to wander around grocery stores statewide?  I like to think they did and if I ever visit that state, you can bet I will be drunk if I buy anything other than fish.

"So, you want to buy a fish....wait a minute, are you drunk?"

No comments:

Post a Comment