Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Utah

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Utah

"It is illegal to detonate any nuclear weapon.  You can have them, but you just can't detonate them."

Okay, the first part of this makes 100% perfect sense.  You really shouldn't detonate a nuclear weapon.  But it's that second part of the law that is a little scary.  How many people in Utah just so happen to have nuclear weapons laying around?  Are Mormons not allowed to drink caffeine and have sex before marriage, but are allowed to own nuclear weapons?  Am I missing something here because I'm pretty sure it is not okay to own nuclear weapons except if you are the military.  I feel like this is a pretty big loophole for terrorists.  Then again, I guess Utah made it clear that even if terrorists own a bomb, they just can't blow anybody up with it.  Well, I feel a little safer.....kind of.

"Whoops.  I hope they will go easy on me since I accidentally detonated my nuclear bomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment