Monday, September 23, 2013

NOKW - Gremlins

Here comes the next chapter in our "I'm Okay With, I'm Not Okay With" series (if you don't know what this is, click here for all of the past posts):

Movie:  Gremlins

Basic Plot:  Little green monsters ran amok on a small town when some dumbass accidentally unleashes said monsters.

I'm Okay With:  The fact that we are just going to skip this part because other than the three rules of owning a mogwai, this movie was too ridiculous to make fun of.

I'm Not Okay With:  The fact that of the three big rules about owning a mogwai, the "never, ever feed one after midnight" has a big loophole in it.  Sure, a lot of people like to say that it is always midnight somewhere or what happens during daylight savings, but I have a much bigger problem with this rule - when exactly can you start feeding a mogwai again?  The rule clearly states that you can't feed this pet after midnight, but when can you feed him the next day?  Is there a specific time that it is no longer "after midnight"?  Technically, no, there isn't.  It's always "after midnight".  Therefore, you shouldn't ever be able to feed those cute little guys and they should have died off a long time before Gizmo was purchased by this movie's family.  I am not okay with that.

"I know you're hunger, but that asshole who sold you to me didn't really specify when I could feed you again after the clock struck midnight.  Blame him."

No comments:

Post a Comment