Friday, March 28, 2014

2014 MLB Preview

Since Alex and I are such baseball junkies, we decided we would do our own preview for the upcoming Major League Baseball season.  In other words, we are literally showing you the future!  Here are our picks:


SamboAlex
AL EastRed SoxRays
AL CentralTigersTigers
AL WestAthleticsRangers
AL Wild Card #1RangersAngels
AL Wild Card #2RaysRed Sox
AL MVPMike TroutMiguel Cabrera
AL Cy YoungYu DarvishFelix Hernandez
AL ROYXander BogaertsXander Bogaerts



NL EastBraves*Nats
NL CentralCardinalsCardinals
NL WestDodgersRockies
NL Wild Card #1NationalsDiamondbacks
NL Wild Card #2PadresReds
NL MVPFreddie Freeman*Paul Goldschmidt
NL Cy YoungClayton KershawAdam Wainwright
NL ROYOscar TavaresMike Olt
* Homer Pick!
Also, here is a fun baseball-related list:

Top 5 Worst Minor League Mascots
  • 5)  New Orleans Zephyrs (AAA, Miami Marlins) - Do you know what a Zephyr is?  Me neither, but this team named their mascot after a roller coaster.  That's just lame.
  • 4)  Modesto Nuts (High A, Colorado Rockies) - I picked this one because it made me giggle.
  • 3)  Lansing Lugnuts (Low A, Toronto Blue Jays) - See the reason above.
  • 2)  Savannah Sand Gnats (Low A, New York Mets) - The only thing intimidating about sand gnats is that they are annoying and annoying is not a good reason to pick them as your mascot.
  • 1)  Akron RubberDucks (AA, Cleveland Indians) - At first, I loved this one, but then I realized that it sounds more like a money grab to me and now I detest it.
-Easily my favorite minor league mascot is the Vermont Lake Monsters.  I have no idea what that is, but it sounds awesome.
"This still blows my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment