Friday, May 2, 2014

Movie Trailer Review - Spider-Man 2

This is not a review of the trailer, but a review of this movie based entirely on this movie's trailer.  I have a special talent of being able to figure out whether a movie will be any good based just on the trailer and I'm finally putting that talent to good use.  Screw you, it's a real talent.



At first, I was pretty excited about this movie, but then they just kept adding villains and now I'm not so sure because it reminds me too much of that atrocity Spider-Man 3.  Even though I like Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti (did you know his dad used to be the MLB Commissioner?), I have never heard of their characters before.  Seriously, who are Electro and The Rhino?  And on top of them, they are giving us the Green Goblin, who is played by that guy (Dane DeHaan) from that movie about kids who get superpowers, Chronicle, who I think is a great actor, but still, why so many villains?  They really should scale it back a little considering they have two more sequels already in the pipe.

Anyways, on to the trailer.  The trailer I put in up there is the one that shows how Jamie Foxx becomes Electro and even shows a little bit of his and Spider-Man's first confrontation.  And frankly, I don't see how Spider-Man can defeat that guy, he looks way more powerful.  In any case, this movie looks decent, the effects look on par to the rest of the superhero movies they throw at us each year, but the plot looks a little more complicated than it needs to be.  It's going to be a real debate as to whether I go see this in the theater or not.  I saw the first one during its first week and liked it more than most people, but after watching the trailer for this one, something about it doesn't seem to sit right with me.  So, I going to recommend seeing it only if you are bored and have ten bucks to burn.

Estimated Opening Weekend Box Office Gross - $100 million +

What Kind of Fart This Movie Will Resemble:

The Dud Fart - The Dud Fart is not really a fart at all. It's a fart that fails. For this reason it is strictly a group one identification fart, because there is no real way you can identify a fart that somebody else expected to fart but didn't. It is the most private of all farts. In most cases the farter usually feels a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment