Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Straw Crazy

I love pizza.  I love pizza shops, not the delivery chains.  The pizza is just generally better and there are more specialty pizzas.  There is one I have been to a few times near Atlanta called Big Pie in The Sky - it was featured on Man vs. Food.  Two people have to eat this gigantic meat lovers pizza in an hour.  I did it with 4 other co-workers and we ate only 75% of it.  I tell you that a lot of pizza places have larger slices and with that comes larger drinks.  Good move for today's America - bigger is always better.  The cups for the fountain drinks are at least 32 ounces - you know the huge red cups I'm talking about.  The huge slices and huge drinks make the pizza shop experience great....but then they ruin it.  If you have giant cups you HAVE to buy giant straws.  The above mentioned pizzeria have straws that are not even as tall as the glass!  What the hell am I supposed to do with that?  Should I take the straw out of the glass after each sip?  Should I MacGuyver two straws together with some gum and a paperclip?  Or, you could spend the extra 4 cents and get straws that make fit the cups.  You tell me which makes more sense, pizza places.

"Even babies are intimidated by the size of that slice."

No comments:

Post a Comment