Thursday, May 8, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Tom Cruise

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
MaverickTop Gun - No list of Tom Cruise's best characters can't include the (possibly gay, have you seen the volleyball scene) ace fighter pilot, Maverick.
JackLegend - I saw this movie as a kid and loved it.  Tim Curry as the devil might have haunted my dreams, but it was still awesome.  Also, this might be the only other movie that the chick from Ferris Bueller was ever in.
Cole TrickleDays of Thunder - To be honest, it's the character's name that did it here.  The movie was decent, but that name is classic.
LestatInterview with a Vampire - Ah yes, the vampire movie before vampire movies became popular.  Brad Pitt was pretty good, but Tom Cruise was the best part of this thing.
Les GrossmanTropic Thunder - By far Tom Cruise's greatest character ever.  When he yells "Go fuck yourself" into the phone, clicks it off, and then asks who that was made me laugh more than any other funny moment in all of Tom Cruise's movies combined.

Bottom 5
Joel GoodsonRisky Business - Okay, when you were a teenager and your parents left you home alone, was your first thought, "I should get a hooker"?  No.  Getting laid was on the list, but paying for it wasn't and that's why I don't like this guy.
Nathan AlganThe Last Samurai - So boring.  So stupid.
Col. Claus con StrauttenbergValkyrie - Did you know that Tom played a German guy in this movie?  Did you also notice that he didn't have a German accent?  Way to play the part, Tom.
Roy MillerKnight and Day - Cameron Diaz sucks and I only liked two of her movies ever.  There's Something About Mary and The Mask.  Those were 20 years ago.
Charlie BabbittRain Man - Who exploits their autistic brother's ability to count cards?  A dick, that's who.

"The first time I saw this movie, it took me 5 minutes until I even realized that this was Tom Cruise."

No comments:

Post a Comment