Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stupid State Laws - Pennsylvania 3

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Pennsylvania

"A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel."

I can't figure out what I like more about this law.  That this sort of thing should just be common sense.  That it is still on the books considering no one has been in a duel since throwing your garbage on the streets was normal.  Or that it actually says "he/she".  If I had to choose, I'm going with that last one because you know this law was made back when America was still a baby and you know that there is no way that our forefathers would have ever allowed a woman to be Governor.  This was back when you could probably still legally own your wife, so letting a woman run a state was beyond ridiculous to these guys, so I wonder how the "he/she" part got included in this law.  You're crazy, Pennsylvania and I think there are more stupid laws coming from this state next week.

"I've got good news and bad news.  The good news is that you are not dead.  The bad news is that you can no longer be Governor."
"Fuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment