Friday, May 10, 2013

Wipeout

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I will have discussed the ABC show Wipeout on this site (and probably won't be the last time either).  The reason I'm bringing the show up is that it started its sixth season last night and the show surprised me by something they did.  First off, since the show has been on the air, they have made two significant changes that I don't think have actually made the show better.

The first thing they changed was that they either made all of their obstacles impossible for their contestants to accomplish without failing, or they stopped showing contestants successfully making it across any of their obstacles.  While it is funny to watch some fat guy get smacked in the face by a padded hammer and do a back-flip into a pool fifteen feet below, I occasionally like to see contestants make it through an obstacle unharmed.  However, they seem to have made their obstacles impossible and/or thought it would be a good idea to no longer show the really good contestants make it to the end of an obstacle without a back-breaking fall.

The second thing the show changed was much much worse.  They changed their sexy sideline reporter from the girl next-door hot Jill Wagner:


To Nick Lachey's wife, Vanessa:


While I think Vanessa isn't bad to look at, she is extremely annoying and not nearly as hot as Jill Wagner.  On top of that, I'm convinced someone would bet Jill before every taping that she wouldn't make fun of the contestants to their faces and she wouldn't hesitate.  Why did they replace Jill with Vanessa?  Well, apparently Jill left the show to pursue acting.  I do agree that she is definitely hot enough to go into acting, but since she left the show she hasn't really gotten much work other than a stint on a crappy MTV show called Teen Wolf (which obviously doesn't star Michael J Fox).

However, I have good news.  Jill realized her mistake and has returned to us on Wipeout and I can now overlook the impossible obstacle aspect of the show again and just enjoy looking at Jill and all of her hotness.  Welcome back, Jill.  Will you marry me?

No comments:

Post a Comment