Thursday, May 9, 2013

Surprising Non-American Actors

I've talked about how I think it is funny that American actors are terrible at doing an English accent before and at the same time it is shocking to find out that some of your favorite actors are in fact foreign.  Well, I decided to compose a list of a few actors and actresses that you may or may not have known where not American.  Also, I'm sure I will come out with another one of these once I stumble upon more actors who fall into this category, stay tuned:
  • Isla Fisher - you know her as the crazy hottie from Wedding Crashers, but did you also know that she is Australian?  And here is my favorite fun fact about her, she is married to Sacha Baron Cohen?  Yup, she is banging Borat.
  • Yvonne Strahovski - another hottie, another Australian.  In case you don't know who I'm talking about, she is most known for her stint on the spy comedy (?) Chuck and she did a guest spot on Dexter last season as his serial-killer girlfriend.
  • Jonny Lee Miller - until his role as Sherlock Holmes on Elementary, I always assumed that Angelina Jolie's first husband was American, who knew he was actually a Brit?
  • Andrew Lincoln - most know him as Rick from The Walking Dead, but did you also know he is British?  My brother is a big Dead fan and was shocked when I told him this.
  • Damian Lewis - this Brit is probably known for his roles on Homeland and Band of Brothers.  I didn't have a clue he was British until his acceptance speech when he won an Emmy this year.
  • Ryan Kwanten - have you ever seen True Blood?  Then you know this guy, he plays Sookie's brother, Jason Stackhouse, and he is Australian.  Didn't see that coming, did you?
  • Nicholas Hoult - this guy played the young Hank McCoy, aka Beast, in the X-Men prequel and Jack in Jack the Giant Slayer.  Oh, and he's British.
  • Matthew Rhys - I've taken a liking to the new FX show The Americans and Matthew plays the the main Russian spy on the show.  You would expect me to say that he is also Russian, but no, he's British.
"That's at least three male fantasies in one.  An Australian model in pigtails."

No comments:

Post a Comment