Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stupid State Laws - Connecticut 2

Here comes another post about a state law that still exists on the books and why it is ridiculous (to see them all, click here):

Devon, Connecticut

"It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset."

Ah, the ol' "You can't walk backwards after sunset" law......wait, what?!?  I can usually think of a really dumb reason for a law to exist, but for this one?  Nothing.  I've seriously got nothing.  There is not one feasible reason as to why this is a real law.  I mean, you could maybe argue that walking backwards at night could be dangerous, but seriously, how injured could someone get from walking?  Maybe if you ran backwards, you could fall and hurt yourself, but walking?  No way.  And now that I think about it, can you run backwards after sunset in Devon?  I would assume so because they didn't outlaw that.  Way to go, Connecticut, you can't even make a stupid law without actually solving the dumb problem.

"Rookie, I've got an idea."
"That's rare, Sarge."
"Shut up, smartass.  Let's follow this family until the sun sets and then bust them for walking backwards."
"You know what, that's not a bad idea."
"Really?  I mean, of course it is.  This will be fun, I love arresting kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment