Thursday, July 17, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Will Ferrell

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
Allen GambleThe Other Guys - I really liked this movie, I probably shouldn't have, but I really did.  The combo of Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg should not have worked, but somehow it did.
Chazz Michael MichaelsBlades of Glory - A highly underrated movie.  Will's take as a flamboyant ice skater was perfect and while Jon Heder isn't particularly funny, Will made up for it.
BuddyElf - Such a dumb movie, such a funny movie.  Two fun tidbits - it was directed by Iron Man director, Jon Favreau and Tyrion Lannister himself (Peter Dinklage) was in it.
FrankOld School - This was the movie that you could say launched his career.  He had done other stuff up until this one, but this was the one I truly believe got everyone's attention.
MugatuZoolander - Oddly enough, this might have been my favorite of Will's characters.  Maybe it was because I loved this movie, but more likely it was because he was so over-the-top and nailed this role.

Bottom 5
Ron BurgundyAnchorman - Seriously, take out Steve Carrell's Brick and this movie would have been awful.  I thought Will's character was stupid and I will not apologize for it.
Dr. Rick MarshallLand of Lost - What a piece of garbage.  Nothing about this thing was funny other than Danny McBride and even he couldn't save it.
Jack WyattBewitched - What made them think that Will Ferrell was the right fit for a romantic comedy?  Lots and lots of cocaine I assume.
Steve ButabiA Night at the Roxbury - Of all of Will's great SNL characters, they picked this one!  Why?!?
Jackie MoonSemi-Pro - I just don't see Will Ferrell as athletic and they tried to pass him off as a basketball player.  Nope.

"If this was in a movie, he definitely would have made the list."

No comments:

Post a Comment