Thursday, July 3, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Bill Murray

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 10
Phil ConnersGroundhog Day - One of the greatest comedies ever made and Bill was beyond awesome in this role.  Do I really need to say more?
Dr. Peter VankmanGhostbusters - You knew this character was going to be special from the first time we met him when he was electrocuting a young guy while hitting on a young woman.  From there it only got better.
Carl SpacklerCaddyshack - I don't know a single golfer who hasn't quoted Carl Spackler at least once while out on the links.
Ernie McCrackenKingpin - One of many of Bill's highly underrated performances.  A fun bit of trivia, Bill actually got a strike on the last ball he rolled in the final match and the crowd's reaction was quite genuine.
Bob Wiley, What About Bob? - A very obscure movie, but a highly entertaining one.  Bill played Bob, a crazy person who crashed his therapist's vacation and through his wackiness got into all sorts of fun trouble.  If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you check it out.
Frank CrossScrooged - I don't understand how this movie isn't brought up more in the discussion of Best Christmas Movies Ever.  Seriously, it was incredible.
HimselfZombieland - I'm terrified of zombies (mostly because of all the fictional monsters, I feel that they are the most likely to actually happen), but Bill's small part in this movie as he turns into the undead was perfect.
Bob HarrisLost in Translation - Somehow, Bill has only been nominated for an Oscar once in his career and it was for this role.  While I thought this movie was a little boring, Bill did an amazing job.
Herman BlumeRushmore - This was one of many roles Bill took in a Wes Anderson movie and it was my favorite of his roles, so I had to put it on this list.
Wallace RitchieThe Man Who Knew Too Little - This movie is highly underrated.  It is funny from beginning to end as Bill plays an American schlub who accidentally becomes a secret agent and bumbles his way into saving the day.  Watch this movie now.  Do it.

Bottom 5
None.  Bill Murray is so awesome that I refuse to make fun of any of his roles.


No comments:

Post a Comment