Thursday, July 31, 2014

Top/Bottom 5 Movie Roles - Russell Crowe

Here is where I pick a random actor or actress's Top 5 and Bottom 5 Movie Roles (I assume the post title gave that away).  This won't necessarily be the chosen actor or actress's best roles, but a combination of their best and my favorite.  In other words, if there is a tie, I'll go with my favorite.  Also, I won't actually be ranking them, they will be in a random order.  Lastly, this isn't these actor's or actress's best movies, but their best characters.  Let's get started:


Top 5
MaximusGladiator - This has to be the role that everyone thinks of when they think of Russell Crowe.  The only problem with it is that he played a "Spaniard" and didn't play the character as Spanish at all.
Ben Wade3:10 To Yuma - Oddly enough, Russell has done a lot of stuff that I haven't heard of nor seen, but I did see this movie and loved it.  It was an American Western starring two Brits (Crowe and Batman), but they pulled it off perfectly.
Bud WhiteL.A. Confidential - The only thing I remember about his part in this movie was him getting shot in the face.  I do remember him being really good as well, but that image always pops in my head first.
Jim BraddockCinderella Man - This movie was great except for one little problem - Renee Zellweger.  Other than Jerry Maguire, can you name anything else she was likable in?  Thankfully, we haven't heard from her in awhile.
Sid 6.7Virtuosity - And now for my random character that I liked.  Russell played a serial killer computer program that escapes into the real world and Denzel Washington has to hunt him down.  This was one of Russell's first roles in a movie and he played a deranged killer to a T.  Loved it.

Bottom 5
JavertLes Miserables - I'm sorry, but seeing Maximus sing is just wrong.  Plus it was kind of disappointing to see how short Russell is compared to Hugh Jackman.
Pearly SoamesWinter's Tale - I never saw this nor do I ever plan on it, but I do know that this movie sucked and I heard Russell really phoned it in.  He kept switching accents throughout the movie as if he just didn't care to be there.
Jack KnifeThe Man with the Iron Fists - Why did he do this movie?  Was he that hard up for cash?
Robin LongstrideRobin Hood - When I heard that Russell was making a Robin Hood movie with the director of Gladiator, I couldn't have been more pumped.  Well, they screwed that one up pretty bad, didn't they?
NoahNoah - This movie was doomed as soon as the idea was brought to life.  There is no way to make the story of Noah's Ark interesting without just making stuff up and that is what happened and that is why this movie blew.


No comments:

Post a Comment