Tuesday, December 23, 2014

R-Rated Movies

Have you ever wondered what makes a movie rated PG-13 or rated R?  No?  Well, I don't care how you answered, I'm going to tell you anyways.  I stumbled across a couple reasons behind this baffling question, here is what I found:

  • If "Fuck" is used 4 or more times as an expletive, or once as a verb.
  • Tobacco use.
  • Nudity - Full body for a female okay for PG-13 (ex: Titanic), but automatically rated R for male nudity.
  • Sex.  Period.
  • Blood - you will notice all blood in PG-13 movies is not red, but usually black.
  • Hard drugs - I guess that means pot, too.

The only one I don't truly understand is the one about using the F-word.  Why would it matter if you just yelled "FUCK!!" or if you said "I'm going to fuck that chick!"?  You're still saying "fuck".  But apparently it matters to the idiots who decide these sort of things.  Also, I didn't realize that Titanic was rated PG-13 until I researched this thing.  There was full bush in that movie and it still got a PG-13 rating, who knew?  Knowledge is Power!

"Too red, rate this thing R now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment