Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sequels, Prequels, and More - Part 17

Another look at Hollywood's hilarious concept of upcoming movies, meaning that they have run out of ideas and they can only come up with another round of prequels, sequels, and remakes and nothing original.  In this case, we will be looking at all of the video games that are in production to become movies:

  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Loved the first one and can't wait until the sequel.  Enough said.
  • Gambit - Everybody's favorite Cajun X-Man is getting his own movie and will be played by Channing Tatum.  At first I was skeptical, but then I remembered that I like Channing Tatum and I'll go see it.  Maybe.
  • Toy Story 4 - How do you top Toy Story 3?  I honestly don't think you can, it made grown men cry.  So this definitely smells like a cash-grab to me.
  • Joe Dirt 2 - Why in the hell would they make a sequel to this movie?  Oh yeah, David Spade needs work and this is his only choice right now.  That doesn't mean they should make it though.
  • The Six Billion Dollar Man - Yup, they are retooling the Six Million Dollar Man into a movie and it will be starring Mark Wahlberg.  Why?  I counter that question with "Why not?".
  • Frozen 2 - I'm going to admit that when I saw the first Frozen, I got that song stuck in my head for a solid week.
  • Transformers 5 - Ugh.  I didn't see the 4th one and I don't plan on seeing it until it comes on TNT.  Same goes for the 5th one.
  • How to Train Your Dragon 3 - Guess what, I saw both of the first two and I'm totally on-board for a third.  However, I will see this one without my nephews around, they don't know how to shut up for more than a minute during a movie.
  • How The Grinch Stole Christmas Remake - The good news is that they are going animated this time instead of another live-action version.  The bad news is that they are remaking this for no reason.

"He's got the chin for it, but does he have the accent?"

No comments:

Post a Comment