Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ranking Marvel Movie Characters

Today I will be ranking movie characters based on comic books made by Marvel.  That should about sum up what this post is all about.  Enjoy:

  • 10) Ultron, James Spader, The Avengers: Age of Ultron - For these first two, I'm kind of cheating because they haven't come out yet, but you have to admit that James Spader as the voice of a Marvel's villain is genius.
  • 9) Doctor Strange, Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Strange - I honestly don't think they could have picked a better actor to play this part and that is why he is already on this list before the movie has even started filming.
  • 8) Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire, Spider-Man 2 - While I think the new guy made a better Spider-Man, Tobey will always make the better Peter Parker and that's what truly counts when you think about it.
  • 7) Blade, Wesley Snipes, Blade - Sure, Wesley Snipes has dropped off the face of the earth, but when the first Blade came out, he nailed it.
  • 6) Thor, Chris Hemsworth, Thor - I just saw that Chris will be in the Vacation sequel.  Weird.
  • 5) Captain America, Chris Evans, Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Chris Evans just oozes American wholesomeness.  Liked the first Captain America, but loved the second one and that's why he made this list.
  • 4) Hulk, Mark Ruffalo, The Avengers - It took three tries to cast one of the best Marvel characters, but they finally got it right in The Avengers.  I'm looking forward to the sequel and what mayhem the Hulk will get into.
  • 3) Drax the Destroyer, Dave Bautista, Guardians of the Galaxy - I know, I was surprised when I picked this guy, too.  Chris Pratt was great in the movie, but Dave Bautista's Drax stole the show in my opinion.
  • 2) Wolverine, Hugh Jackman, X-Men 1 and 2 - Come on, you knew he would be here and he would have challenged for the top spot if it weren't for that terrible Origin movie.
  • 1b) Loki, Tom Hiddleston, Thor, Thor 2, and The Avengers - I couldn't decide between these last two, so I picked them both.  Plus Loki pretty much stole the show in both The Avengers and Thor 2 which is pretty good considering he wasn't the star in either.
  • 1a) Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr, All of His Movies - What is there to say about this character?  When it was first announced, I was skeptical, but after seeing it, Robert Downey Jr. was incredible and has been every since.

"Stop.....in the name of love, before I break your heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment